Tenant’s Guide to Renting a Property
DAA Residential has been renting properties to Tenant’s in the Wapping & Docklands area since 1985. During this time we have developed a well-deserved professional reputation throughout the area. We work hard to provide a consistently high service. It is important to us that the whole process of finding a new home is well managed so that you enjoy the whole experience of finding and moving in to a new home.
But don’t just take our word for it. See what other people have to say about us on All Agents.
Tenant’s Guide: How the rental process works:
- Once your offer has been accepted by the Landlord you will be required to pay the administration fee. Please note that the administration fee does not constitute a holding deposit. The property may continue to be marketed until such time that we are in receipt of references, a signed Tenancy Agreement from all parties and cleared funds.
- The Administration Fee is fully refundable in the event that the Landlord withdraws from the proposed tenancy for any reason.
- References are undertaken by a referencing company. You will be asked to complete an on line application form. The referencing normally takes up to 48 hours. In order to try to speed up the process we recommend that you let your HR department know that they will be contacted. Occasionally, the reference company may request that your application is supported by a guarantor. If so, references will be required on your guarantor.
- In the event that the Tenant withdraws from the Tenancy, or the Tenants references are considered unsuitable by the referencing company and are not accepted by the Landlord, the reference fee will be retained by the Agent.
- Once the references are satisfactorily completed, we will send you the Tenancy Agreement. This must be agreed and signed by all named tenants/ guarantors and returned to our office before the tenancy commences.
- Please arrange for the deposit and first month’s rent to be paid prior to the commencement of the tenancy. We must be in receipt of cleared funds before we can handover the keys to you.
Moving in to your new home:
- On the day that the tenancy commences, the inventory clerk will meet you and check you into the apartment. They will give you the keys and they will check the meter readings. As the tenant is responsible for all utilities and the council tax, you must contact the council tax department and the utility providers accordingly.
- Pre-tenancy paperwork including preparation of the tenancy agreement. £250.00 per tenancy (inclusive of VAT).
- References and credit search £40.00 per person (inclusive of VAT).
- Addendum to the Tenancy Agreement (includes change of tenant) £160.00 (inclusive of VAT). This includes the new tenant’s reference and credit check and the associated paperwork.
- Extension to the Tenancy £120.00 (inclusive of VAT).
- At the end of the tenancy there is an inventory check-out cost. The fee is payable to the inventory Clerk and is normally deducted from your deposit. Prices vary according to the size of the property and whether it is furnished or unfurnished. Scale of costs are currently from £95.00 to £260.00 per tenancy.